Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bible College?

Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness. Psa 143:10

  THE FOLLOWING IS ONE OF MY OLD FACE BOOK NOTES I CAME ACROSS TODAY. THOUGHT MAYBE I SHOULD POST IT HERE AS WELL.

 (I DID MAKE SOME SMALL CHANGES TO IT.)



Pure religion & undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, & to keep himself unspotted from the world. James.1:27

 RESPONSE TO A YOUNG WOMAN IN CHRIST

July 18, 2011 at 10:35am

(I thought to make this available for others to read, peradventure it would bless any others)

Please really pray to know if it is God's desire for you to go to Bible College. I have not known those places to produce true disciples. (That's not to say that no one who has gone to one is not a true disciple; more so the school was not their salvation.) I think some people have lost their faith in those places. The best place to grow in the grace & knowledge of God; I believe is in sincere heartfelt prayer,  personal private searching of the Scriptures & through the edification of the Body of Christ. Pray for faithful Shepherds who can lead you in truth. Men whose daily conversation (lifestyle, manner of speech, etc) is Holy. I haven't always had a holy man to help me, God alone has had to Shepherd me at times Psalm.23. And I am thankful for that because it has made me strong in Him alone. I sincerely know He is all I need. We should not be dependent on others. That is not to say others are not helpful or a blessing...but we need to trust that God (Yeshua/Jesus) is the best for us. He wants to bring His people together so we can help each other. But know that people will fail us; we need to be devoted in praying, reading, & being faithful to be doers of His word & not hearers only. This will make us wise unto salvation; not some school setting. Some people are always learning & never coming to the knowledge of truth. Women are to be keepers at home, I have learned a lot by making myself a servant to all for His name's sake. Not seeking vain glory, but in sincerity of heart. Faith-works--by love. There are many people in this world who could use the example of a God fearing woman.
This fear is the beginning of wisdom. It will make you: modest in appearance, meek & humble in speech,of a good courage, yet reserved & restrained in emotion, sober & reserved with men, willing to work with your hands: cooking cleaning,sewing etc,.These are jut some examples. The Holy Spirit is our teacher & His lessons only cost our life. Please see Mathew 11:28-30 "...learn of me for I am meek & lowly in heart..." obeying His simple commandments in our lives will cause us to learn the most valuable lessons. I don't know if Bible schools help people become meek & lowly? Knowledge puffeth up. I do not believe the learning He wants us to do is on an intellectual level. He that doeth righteousness is righteous. If we continue in His word than are we disciples in--deed. (see -) 1 John 2:27 "But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, & ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, & is no lie, & even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him. And now little children abide in Him...(please read the end of this chapter.) See 1John3:7
And John.4:1-"Beloved believe not every spirit, but try the spirits..(read this too). Yes, there are so many wonderful verses we need to lay to heart. Yeshua wants to see us choose to come to Him & abide in Him. If we walk in the spirit, we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. I hope you will appreciate these things I have been so blessed to share. Prove my words whether I speak Truth or not. Shalom, dear sister. :)

I'd like to add to this post...the light of the glorious Gospel shined in my life in 1996. A joy, peace, & hope entered my life that I never knew possible to life on earth. But as pilgrims set forth to obey, the road gets more & more narrow. Days of difficulty start to stretch far & wide. Christ taught us that we must strive to enter into His kingdom.  "Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able." - Luke 13:24
 Christ is our life long teacher; as long as we breathe I believe He has a lesson for us. We must pay attention & put to practice His teachings until they are perfected in our lives.


...give her the fruit if her of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates. Pv.31

Pure religion & undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, & to keep himself unspotted from the world. Jms.1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment