Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Here is a testimony of another woman's convictions on covering. 

Tuesday, March 26, 2013


Head Covering

 I would like to address the subject that "wearing a head covering is not a salvation issue"

I write this on the basic understanding I have of the Bible. I desire to follow Jesus, and I learn what He is and what He wants of me in the Bible. "What if Jesus meant what He said?" Plain and simple as a child would understand it, for that is how we enter His Kingdom.

There is a basic truth that affects us all. "Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous even as He is righteous. He that commiteth sin is of the devil. Either you do righteousness and belong to Jesus, or you sin and are a servant of the devil. There is no neutral ground.

I do not have 'everything figured out'. I do not care for long explanations. (Remember the children?) So when 1 Corinthians 11 says "Let her be covered" that is what I want to do. And when Paul says a couple of chapters later, "If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord." then I take that as basic truth also.

So I would like to say here that I think the head covering IS a salvation issue. Simply because there is no salvation without obedience. I am not saved simply by believing in Jesus, and neither is it correct to base my salvation on saying "the sinner's prayer." God ways are far above our ways and he cannot be contained in a 3 step recipe. But his directions are simple to the honest heart who surrenders to him. I attempt in various posts on my blog to present the Truth about following Jesus.

WHY do I say it is a salvation issue? Because whenever you see new light, whenever you come to understand a new truth about Jesus' teachings, then is when you need to begin to obey it. "If we walk in the Light, as He is in the Light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin. When does Jesus blood cleanse? when we walk in the Light.

#1 Can I be a Christian without wearing a head covering?
#2 What if I wear a head covering but I am rebellious?
#3 What if my husband or father says I shouldn't wear one?

#1 True Christians obey Christ and surrender to Him in everything. They will come to this issue sooner or later. Whether they obey it when they understand, directly affects their continued walk with Christ.

#2 A head covering won't save you at all when the heart is rebellious. A head covering is one of many commandments. Surrender to Christ, don't cast off your covering.

#3 Since the head covering is a sign of submission to one's husband or father, one must needs be submissive first and covered second. It is against the very sign it stands for, if you insist on covering ahead of obedience to your husband.

 Let each one surrender to Christ and He will teach you

No comments:

Post a Comment