Monday, June 20, 2022

One with the Father

June 19, 2022 Musing

Mat 12:50  For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.


As Christians who walk in obedience, we all have the same Father. 


And what a Faithful Father He is!


 Jesus said, 

Joh 14:7  If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Jesus manifested the character and heart of God our Father.


Joh 15:23  He that hateth me hateth my Father also.


We are called to be one with the Father. to be as Christ in the world, reflecting the character and image of our Father.


Joh 17:21  That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.


In the natural, we hear saying like, "A chip off the old block" meaning a child is a piece of their Father, there is a resemblance. 


How can we be like our Father; clearly by being like Christ.


The Father was pleased by Christ choosing to live His life as a sacrifice for others; He would have us do the same, because true love is sacrificial, and God is love, to reflect Him we lay down our lives for His name's sake.


Joh 10:17  Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.


Our Father in heaven watches over us to guide us, protect us and lead us and sometimes that means chastening...


Rev 3:19  As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.


Rev 3:20  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.


Rev 3:21  To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.


But look, those who faithfully bear the Father's image get to sit in His lap at the end and rest our head in His bosom.

 Anyone that's ever had a good relationship with their father knows the joy of sitting on Daddy's lap.


And look at this revelation: 

 Luke 11:11  If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?


Luk 11:12  Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?


Luk 11:13  If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?


Some people see God as one who is out to punish them at every wrong move...but if we, as His creation, are capable of evil, yet we know how to love our children how much more does He?


God wants to be our Father whereby we learn to trust Him for our every need and He loves to hear us cry "Abba Father" Because His nature is to nurture us, to raise us up in His image, and fill us with His Holy Spirit.


Galatians 4:6  And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.


Gal 4:7  Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.


Rom 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.


Rom 8:15  For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.


Rom 8:16  The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:


Rom 8:17  And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.


As we spend the day giving honor to fathers, let us not forget the Father of All, who is worthy of honor and praise!


Remember how Christ taught us to pray...


"Our Father, who is in Heaven, Hallowed (sanctified, holy) be Your name..."



No comments:

Post a Comment