Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Kill Babies at Birth?

 


I was doing some research recently regarding abortions. It is very sad that the new President of the USA supports this crazy idea to kill babies at birth so I was told by a Senator. This is an excerpt from an email the Senator sent me:

"Biden’s statement on Friday renewed his promise to “codify Roe vs. Wade” and force states to follow suit.

His threat to codify Roe vs. Wade will be implemented state by state, allowing the murder of preborn children up even to the point of birth, something that only the most pro-abortion states like New York have legalized."

It is very hard for me to wrap my head around how anyone can tear a baby apart from the womb let alone at birth! It is sad that thinking like I do on this topic is becoming outdated. But it does not have to be outdated to believe murdering babies is wrong. We as individuals have the power to influence how those around us think.  I myself am writing this post and creating memes to positively influence "positive" thinking (really it's called sound thinking) about babies. 

So, I came across the Hippocratic Oath which is a vow that was made by Doctors of Old Times and even today; although today's may read a bit different, I doubt they swear by the false gods. This Oath was originally written in Greek, I found it to be very interesting: (Take note this is an oath taken by people who were NOT Christian...yet they had morals and values back then that some who profess Christ today do Not even have.)

"I swear by Apollo Healer, by Asclepius, by Hygieia, by Panacea, and by all the gods and goddesses, making them my witnesses, that I will carry out, according to my ability and judgment, this oath and this indenture.

To hold my teacher in this art equal to my own parents; to make him partner in my livelihood; when he is in need of money to share mine with him; to consider his family as my own brothers, and to teach them this art, if they want to learn it, without fee or indenture; to impart precept, oral instruction, and all other instruction to my own sons, the sons of my teacher, and to indentured pupils who have taken the Healer’s oath, but to nobody else. {Notice the Christ-like principles that I emphasized being upheld by Non-Christians}

I will use those dietary regimens which will benefit my patients according to my greatest ability and judgment, and I will do no harm or injustice to them.[7] Neither will I administer a poison to anybody when asked to do so, nor will I suggest such a course. Similarly I will not give to a woman a pessary to cause abortion. But I will keep pure and holy both my life and my art. I will not use the knife, not even, verily, on sufferers from stone, but I will give place to such as are craftsmen therein. { Today doctors know very little about the healing that can come through proper diet. Sadly many of them also will kill babies for hire and give out poison like candy.} 

Into whatsoever houses I enter, I will enter to help the sick, and I will abstain from all intentional wrong-doing and harm, especially from abusing the bodies of man or womanbond or free. And whatsoever I shall see or hear in the course of my profession, as well as outside my profession in my intercourse with men, if it be what should not be published abroad, I will never divulge, holding such things to be holy secrets. {Today patients are charged unreasonable amounts to go to doctors rather than doctors going to the sick and they kill babies intentionally as well as adults.}

Now if I carry out this oath, and break it not, may I gain for ever reputation among all men for my life and for my art; but if I break it and forswear myself, may the opposite befall me.[6] "– Translation by W.H.S. Jones. 

For those interested in reading further on the old Oaths and beliefs read the following quote or skip past it:

"Providing poisonous drugs would certainly have been viewed as immoral by contemporary physicians if it resulted in murder. However, the absolute ban described in the oath also forbids euthanasia. Several accounts of ancient physicians willingly assisting suicides have survived.[14] Multiple explanations for the prohibition of euthanasia in the oath have been proposed: it is possible that not all physicians swore the oath, or that the oath was seeking to prevent widely held concerns that physicians could be employed as political assassins.[15]

The interpreted AD 275 fragment of the oath contains a prohibition of abortion that is in contradiction to original Hippocratic text On the Nature of the Child, which contains a description of an abortion, without any implication that it was morally wrong,[16] and descriptions of abortifacient medications are numerous in the ancient medical literature.[17] While many Christian versions of the Hippocratic Oath, particularly from the middle-ages, explicitly prohibited abortion, the prohibition is often omitted from many oaths taken in US medical schools today, though it remains controversial.[18] Scribonius Largus was adamant in AD 43 (the earliest surviving reference to the oath) that it preclude abortion.[19]

As with Scribonius Largus, there seemed to be no question to Soranus that the Hippocratic Oath prohibits abortion, although apparently not all doctors adhered to it strictly in his time. According to Soranus' 1st or 2nd century AD work Gynaecology, one party of medical practitioners banished all abortives as required by the Hippocratic Oath; the other party—to which he belonged—was willing to prescribe abortions, but only for the sake of the mother's health.[19][20]

The oath stands out among comparable ancient texts on medical ethics and professionalism through its heavily religious tone, a factor which makes attributing its authorship to Hippocrates particularly difficult. Phrases such as 'but I will keep pure and holy both my life and my art' suggest a deep, almost monastic devotion to the art of medicine. He who keeps to the oath is promised 'reputation among all men for my life and for my art'. This contrasts heavily with Galenic writings on professional ethics, which employ a far more pragmatic approach, where good practice is defined as effective practice, without reference to deities.[21]"--from https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocratic_Oath

My Post Continues:

 Many believe that wisdom increases with time, but we can see through many historical accounts that is not always the case. Reading this old oath we see that even secular people of old held unto a reasonable value of the life of others and of the unborn. There is so much we can learn from the Word of God if Christians today knew how valuable the Word of God is they would be more united in knowing right from wrong. Regardless of what scholars today teach about the unborn in the womb even if it was "just a clump of cells" as they say it is a clump that holds in itself LIFE and they themselves are only a "clump of cells" if they want to be that scientific about what makes up a human-being. Look here what the Holy Scriptutres teaches us regarding that which is in the womb:

If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life. Exodus 21:22-23

Is it not interesting? ...that "the clump of cells is referd to as "fruit" and when it is harmed LIFE is lost and therefore life is required of the one who destroyed it.

It is so important that those who declare to follow Christ take and make, opportunities to sow sound judgment concerning the Life of unborn children. Many are working night and day to convince younger generations that Life is not Life; even on the day that life gasps for it's first breath, the one we call Doctor and expect to be a preserver and healer of life is ready and willing to destroy that precious life for hire/selfish gain.

Mothers teach your children that life is valuable and life in the womb is precious no matter how tiny that life is.

Young ladies tach the same to your siblings and bear this witness to your friends; don't be ashamed to call Life, a Life.

For the many who have sadly made the mistake of destroying the Life God blessed your womb with know that God is ready and willing to forgive. Recieve His forgiveness and boldly share your regrets with others to help deliver them from making the same mistake.

"As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones are joined together in the womb of her that is with child: so thou knowest not the works of God, who is the maker of all." --Ecclesiastes 11:5
   Study the Inner Meaning
 Related New Christian Commentary

No comments:

Post a Comment