Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Don't Be Offended!


The following is an old Musing of mine from 2010. At that time of my life I never had a computer or cell phone, nor did I have internet, and I was not really interested. I actually thought the World Wide Web as it is so fittingly called to be a snare of the devil. Today in 2020 I obviously use it (with caution) seeing how with God's grace in the heart it can be turned into a tool for His glory. So here's the old musing:

Follow the link to see picture contributor
 6/23 /2010

Today I was helping at Julie's house. She was feeling a need to get some things done via the computer. She was concerned about offending me because she knows we (the fellowship I was a part of) don't agree with using the internet. I told her it didn't offend me.

I started to think about the blessed place of not being offended by things. I thought about how God sees us all doing things He does not agree with; but He doesn't despise us. I was thinking about what He does do--

I thought=He waits patiently, & continues in His love for us. He knows the time & season in which we will hear & understand & turn from the things that displease Him.

I was very comforted by these thoughts & felt encouraged to lay this to heart & apply it to my dealings with people. In the sense that when someone does something that is displeasing to me I can be of the mind to wait patiently for the grace of God to come upon them & meanwhile I should not despise them. Praise Yeshua (Jesus) for being our example & FRIEND!


No comments:

Post a Comment