Friday, November 27, 2020

As a Bird upon the House Top

         Poem

As a Bird upon the House Top

I sit alone as a bird upon the house top, I try to stand, unmoved by what I see,

Let not the weight of it cause me to slide

Let not the fear of it

Make me fly into darkness

Adoni what will be, the end 

Of what I see?

My knees do bend

My tears do send a continual flow

My heart aches, how much must I

Take? To live, & love, & not die-

To hold my peace; yet, proclaim it 

From the house top-To live, & love 

& not die. Charity is the strong tie,

That holds one to love & to live.

The air has made me cold, 

the wind has blown me dry,

the rain has soaked me thru’

the sun has beat upon me

But I keep my watch

He knows what I see

I pray, I read, I hope, I plead

I need You to bear this weight/wait. 

Written by ~Faithful Friend


“Curse not the king, no not in thy thought; and curse not the rich in thy bedchamber: for a bird of the air shall carry the voice, and that which hath wings shall tell the matter.”--Ecclesiastes 10:20

No comments:

Post a Comment