Friday, November 27, 2020

Little Member

 Poem

Dear Father, help me to be faithful with this little member you have blessed me with. That I spark no strife; that I drown not my neighbor with words too many; that it be not driven by the force of passion. Let me bless and curse not; let me not forget that every idle word shall be taken into account.

O prevent me from spewing out of the abundance of my heart, may I never bite my neighbor, or lay a snare of flattery, may I love to speak good more than evil and praise rather than proud things. Oh that no bow of bitter arrows would shoot forth from me, that my sword would save rather than wound my neighbor. May perversion, deceit and corruption never spring forth. May I never twist the truth to gain treasures.

Oh father of Mercy let me cry on to you with my mouth and extol you with my tongue, may I speak right things and utter knowledge clearly. Let the Law of kindness rest under my tongue and the opening of my mouth be wisdom. Made my lips bring forth honey and milk to bless the poor and needy. May I speak a word in season to the weary. Bless my little member with health and let it be soft, gentle and sweet. May I love life and see good and refrain this member that it speak no evil or guile.

Oh that my conversation would be ordered a right and show forth thy salvation, may I never cease to praise Thee. Amen.
written by~Faithful Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment