Friday, November 27, 2020

Surrender

 February 11, 2012










Poem


Surrender

In Life we must make a choice, Not once or twice, But many times over. The choice is to be crucified, To let die What we would have to live. We come to a crossroad Time & time again On life's journey Where there's a sign that points to "My Way" & one to the Old Highway "My Way" looks pleasant Free of stumbling blocks & pebbles & rocks The Old Highway is rocky & windy you can't see around the bend It's narrow too & full of thorns that rend. "My Way" seems right but the end leads to a deathly sight The Old Highway may be long but at it's end you will join angels & saints in a Holy song. To many the Old Highway would seem wrong & that's because it's only for the strong. This is not a strength of flesh or heart But a spirit willing to be set apart To walk alone But know dear soldier of the cross It is His grace that keeps you crucified there & tho' all men may stare Count this not as a snare But patiently bare what you would not choose Had you your own will to keep & not lose. Dear friend, has a choice you've made brought you to your knees & bade You sweat drops of blood Have your tears run as a flood? As your mouth cries, "I want Truth & not lies! Abba the path of life I choose what have I to lose? Crucify, crucify my every desire Let me come through this fire fine & solid as gold something so precious it could never be sold Let me be your treasure Abba, even the apple of Your eye For this I will gladly die To my will That Thy will Will be done still." A life of Surrender Had it not been worth it none would be saved & all would be lost. Once it was a lamb, then a dear Son & now my friend the choice comes to everyone, Truly to die is gain When the will is crucified Abba is glorified. Count the cost & be assured nothing good for you will be lost. He is a rewarder to them who seek His will to fulfill. Abba into your hands... I Surrender.

Written by ~Faithful Friend



2 comments:

  1. Amen!
    Hebrews 12:1-2 NKJV
    Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, [2] looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Thank you for the comment! Surrender happens one day at a time. Each day God can take us a step further.

    ReplyDelete